City of London, London
8 months ago
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose
mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, T-Mobile,
Target, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than
2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106
markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Essence can offer you remote working, and flexible working hours in line with our flex working policy alongside a whole host of other benefits.
Essence is seeking a smart, enthusiastic individual to become an integral part of our
Advertising Operations team. Our team is responsible for ad serving, asset management,
web analytics, and other optimisation technologies associated with the execution of digital
advertising - and for ensuring digital campaigns are launched on time and run accurately.
We provide consultancy to our clients and colleagues and are at the centre of all things tech
within the agency. Our team is structured to provide a tailored approach that is both flexible
and adaptable to align to our clients needs.
The right candidate will have a number of years experience managing and developing a
team, experience working in the trenches of ad operations within an advertising agency, a
good understanding of the digital landscape and most importantly an appetite to continually
improve team workflow and process to ensure we continue to deliver best-in-class ad
operations. You will have expert knowledge of ad serving systems and a passion for new and
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
People Management & Development:
● Day to day management and development of team members , including supporting
their successful induction onto the team , delivery of training, and advising on career
● Serve as a model leader to team members, motivating and inspiring the team to strive
for excellence, building relationships, and working towards continuous team
● Support the recruitment of ad operations resources.
Campaign Management & Quality Assurance
● Manage the setup of campaigns, overseeing quality assurance and campaign delivery.
● Lead client site tag management; both implementation and consultation.
● Maintain a high quality standard for the department by leading the quality assurance
process to ensure 100% accuracy and to exceed client expectations.
● Monitor daily reporting to ensure campaigns are running as expected, providing
optimisation recommendations and escalating to third parties when appropriate.
● Project manage creative specification requirements
and digital asset delivery; coordinating time lines and leading communications with
our agency partners.
● Act as a strategic partner; internally and externally; providing consultation on the
correct setup of campaigns, client site tagging, and the use of ad technologies.
Thought Leadership & Consultation
● Develop, lead, and project manage department initiatives.
● Assess the ad tech landscape and lead in testing of different ad tech products.
● Support/lead client initiatives; drive thought leadership and author POVs for
verification, fraud, creative, and measurement solutions.
Process & Efficiency
● Development and roll-out of new processes across respective client(s).
● Lead the team to continually identify and implement opportunities for improvement
within processes and supporting systems.
● Collaborate with discipline leads to develop new ways of working to increase cross
● Support in leading interdepartmental communication regarding department
updates, new processes, and the testing of new technology or platforms.
● Act as an ambassador of ad operations across the agency. Work with leads on other
teams to raise visibility, train new starters on process, and continually educate teams
on recent developments; building advocacy across the agency.
● Support the on boarding of new clients, setting up the agency and teams for success.
A bit about yourself:
● 5+ years' experience in ad operations, preferably agency-side working on large and
complex client accounts
● 2+ years experience managing a team
● Hands-on knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies.
● Strong quantitative and analytical skills
● A strong understanding of industry trends and ad tech developments.
● A strong work ethic; able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
● Well-developed organizational and project management skills
● Fine-tuned communication and presentation skills
- Nusrat Khan Juty 0203 869 2038
- Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.