11 days ago
Commercial Trading Manager - Essence Global
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include the likes of Google, Airbnb, NBCUniversal, BT, L'Oreal, ITV and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
About the role
Commercial Trading Manager will have a responsibility for the delivery of commercial KPI's and to drive and manage value from suppliers and Group M. This role is a key one to build across the agency and to sync up planning with activation outputs. The individual will report into the Head of Display and Emerging channels so will need a wide range of knowledge across multimarket disciplines.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Understand existing commercial models across clients and identify opportunities and products which will drive additional agency income.
- Constructively work with Programmatic, Reservation and Client teams to build compelling business cases which deliver on client contracts, commitments, targets and challenges.
- Support our media owner and platform partner relationships for the team, ensuring these are nurtured and respected.
- Support activation & C+I teams during busy periods with market audits, campaign briefing, billing and compensation.
- Report the numbers to the Head of Display and Emerging channels for bi weekly commercial meetings.
- Report forecasting with Ad Ops and Client Director leads
- Commercial contact for clients and planning team regarding supplier projects, audits, new supplier recommendations, solutions, negotiations, etc.
- Understand and evaluate multimedia opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a working-level understanding of emerging channels.
- Focus on being a champion for industry governing bodies and channels.
- Programmatic opportunities: Working with the wider programmatic team to deliver best in market pricing and solutions.
- Activation opportunities: Working with the reservation teams to support them deliver best in market pricing and solutions.
- Work closely with new vendors to identify innovative solutions which deliver our client targets.
- Work closely with Commercial counterparts to develop trading skills and strategies for the business.
A bit about yourself:
- An experienced and exceptionally talented individual, you will be passionate about digital media and have a desire to be at the cutting edge of online advertising.
- At least five years' experience within trading role with a track record of management and business growth
- Strong understanding of the media landscape, suppliers and emerging channel development.
- Strong audit skills on who to work transparently with them and how to continue best in class pricing deliverables.
- Able to multitask and deliver large volumes of auditable numbers.
- Eager to learn new concepts and challenge the existing business framework
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to look at vacancies on our website and register as a candidate.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox