City of London, London
£500 - £501 per annum
29 days ago
£500pd - Outside IR35
12 month contract
My client is a fast-growing UK scale-up business sponsored and funded by the nation's biggest advertisers and media agencies, alongside global digital platforms and publishers. Their aim is to drive innovation in the UK media marketplace by creating an independent, audited, cross-media measurement service for the first time.
They are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for the successful realisation of the customer-facing components. The role will encompass key stakeholder relationship management and involve gathering end-user technical requirements and representing these to a central team of engineers/architects.
You will be reporting to the Programme Director
- Relentless engagement with end-users, engineering teams and programme stakeholders to define functionality, brief in requirements and manage delivery of products
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements and feed into prioritisation decisions
- Utilise a strong technical background to shape technical requirements and make key product decisions
- Break down overall requirements into constituent components to ensure each element is delivered to the required specification and on time
- Support backlog and sprint planning reviews
- Set quality gates and ensure the product meet the needs of the UK advertiser and agency communities
- Ensure that the scope includes all required deliverables, whilst also connecting seamlessly into the global programme
- Be a key customer for key local and global vendors, with engagement plans for all key partners
- Support the governance of the UK programme, and ensure full alignment with - and input into - the global programme
- Ensure that scaling plans meet the required risk-mitigation and quality assurance thresholds
A proven Product Manager with experience of guiding complex, technical projects in a multi-stakeholder environment, within the media industry. Familiar with the challenges of leading product development in a data-driven, highly-technical programme to satisfy (non-technical) end-users.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills
- Ability to distil requirements from end-users of varying technical competence into a clear, structured brief for engineering teams
- Experience of leading, devising and communicating compelling product strategy, concepts and roadmaps to stakeholders at senior levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations
- Ability to understand and apply end-user requirements to product strategy and planning
- A strong technical background, with an aptitude and passion for exploring and understanding technical capabilities and requirements.
- Familiarity with user interface, wireframe and dashboard design an advantage.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at senior levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Industry specific expertise preferred but not essential (must be able to get quickly up to speed with media ecosystem data, terminology and structures)
- Familiarity with Rally, Jira and Miro an asset
***PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB***
You can apply for this role of Product Manager now by sending me your CV. Do not forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. Please look at our website.
Sphere is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications regardless of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and any other protected status as required by applicable law.
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.