£350 - £450 per day
5 months ago
Contract - Senior Insights Analyst (Social Analytics) - 3 months initially - Competitive Day Rate
My client is a technology whose products transform the way that brands use data to create value, from insights and solutions that give them the advantage. By analysing consumer behaviour, they then build innovative technology based around 'Social Prediction'.
- Oversees the research and creation of robust category datasets for use in analysis and reporting.
- Owns domain knowledge within the team and able to work proactively to understand the business challenge and industry context behind a brief, defining what good looks like for their UK and US based teams.
- Ensures robust social queries are used to define category & sector conversation (Twitter, forums, content, Reviews etc.).
- Responsible for finding new data sources to incorporate into a category they own. Manages the acquisition and validation of data with the Datasets team, ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Oversees taxonomy curation and improvement for structured social datasets. Re-uses and incorporates publicly available or 3rd party taxonomies and ontologies where possible.
- Works in tandem with a Data Engineer to access, organise, and interrogate data. Conducts data-led quantitative analysis to a high standard to extract insights from sizeable datasets
- Work with Data Science and Production to apply and manage NLP and expansion techniques. Able to explain methods to non-technical stakeholders and demonstrate robust research logic.
- Responsible for the application of a new language to a category that they own, including management of both translation resource and Data Science requirements.
- Responsible for working with Product Managers to expand internal productivity tooling to improve Dataset build efficiency while maintaining high quality of output.
- 4+ years working experience in a quantitative research / analytics role.
- Real-world experience defining research questions, gathering and analysing data, and communicating results in a business or research setting.
- Comfortable applying quantitative analytics techniques to data, with experience analysing and interpreting digital data sources such as social media.
- Understands how to build robust social media data queries using appropriate and efficient syntax
- Solid project management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to communicate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders.
- The applicant must be proficient using Excel, crosstab and equivalent data manipulation tools
- Excellent eye for detail and strong process skills.
- Able to flag any issues to more senior colleagues and delegate to more junior colleagues where appropriate.
- Experience managing & mentoring junior analysts.
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Gabriella Morrey- Jones
Senior Contract Consultant
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.