City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus
4 months ago
Data Engineer - London - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Sphere Digital are proud to be working with one of the biggest names in the music industry to find a data quality engineer to join their established analytics and data team. Machine learning and data science is central to the company's recommender system and ongoing algorithm development to enhance its products and services.
- To contribute to the large-scale design of data pipelines and applications
- Work alongside the Analytics Development team and business users to understand their processes and needs
- Deliver solutions to these using the technologies in company analytics platform which include Birst, AWS Redshift, Airflow, EMR/PySpark, and Tableau.
- Continue to enhance existing ML processes as well as make your own suggestions and decisions on how to put these solutions in to action
- Work with the Analytics team and stakeholders to identify opportunities for new/enhanced analytics products and to define and capture the requirements.
- Fulfil user and technical requirements into released Products. Adhere to solid testing principles when preparing scripts and data
- Build relationships with business teams that use the analytics platform
- Seek to understand business objectives and challenges and identify opportunities to use data to better support the business and its products and services
- Degree in a numerical background
- SQL essential (redshift, Postgres, SQL Server etc)
- Experience of dashboarding and reporting
- Experience of cloud-based databases
- Previous experience in Python; academic or commercial
- Strong problem solving skills
- Git / Bitbucket ideal but not essential
- Certification in BI/Analytics tools very welcome, but not essential
- Experience of database design and data modelling desirable but not essential
- Team player
- A passion to work in one of the most exciting and dynamic industries with data science and machine learning as the backbone of its success
- Keen to progress and continue to learn and develop
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to register as a candidate too.
0203 869 2048 /
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here: Sphere, Meet The Consultants
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.