City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus+bens
4 months ago
Data Engineer - London - £60,000
Sphere Digital are proud to be working with one of the biggest names in consumer finance and services to find an experienced data engineer to join their exciting and well-established data science and machine learning data team.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of large-scale data solutions and applications
- Build production ready data services using Spark, Kafka, Hive and Impala
- Help evolve the platform by evaluating new technologies
- Build prototypes and develop skills and experience in machine learning, streaming or API-driven services
- Work as part of a larger team who are business-focused requirements on the data platform
- Be an advisor to development teams for best practices and use big data technologies and coding practices
- Act as a team to share knowledge on new technologies across their wider data science community
- Demonstrable experience of building data solutions at scale
- Experience with either Spark, Kafka, Impala, Oozie, Hive
- Understanding of big data modelling methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience in debugging and performance tuning big data applications
- Good programming in packages such as Scala, Java or Python
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Experience of working in teams with a focus for delivery and action
- Experience of cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS) is a plus, but not essential
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to register as a candidate too.
0203 869 2048 /
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here: Sphere, Meet The Consultants
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.