£70000 - £80000 per annum
8 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist for a leading digital media company which produces data and insight products focused on sports. The company runs multiple digital products across B2C and B2B and publishes a daily national newspaper.
- Research and develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- Collaborate with other data scientists, product management, subject matter experts and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions with the emphasis on quality, innovation and scalability within an agreed timeframe
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends and adapt accordingly
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimise joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Work within agreed agile methodology to manage workloads effectively
- A Masters or PHD in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, computer science or statistics.
- At least 2 years commercial experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models to drive business results
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using Python & SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience creating and using a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and knowledge of their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us NOW!
0203 869 2041 /
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.