City of London, London
7 months ago
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
About the role
Data Strategy involves transforming the way our clients think about, organize and orchestrate data & technology to deliver more timely, engaging and meaningful brand experience for their customers. This involves thinking through the overall design of their ad stack, how they capture, manage and segment audience data, how they augment this with strategic partnerships, right down to the policies they need to manage their data in a safe and compliant way.
This particular role will be leading data strategy services across data governance, data partnerships, data-led audience strategy and tech stack consulting for BTG.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Lead the strategy and execution of the digital acceleration program covering data management, tech stack, audience strategy and data partnerships.
- Be a thought leader and provide a point of view on key industry topics such as privacy first media and the future of digital advertising.
- Lead the integration of the client's customer data into cross-channel campaign planning and activation.
- Drive through your team continual improvement in how data is used and tested throughout the campaign lifecycle.
- Partner and coordinate with other departments (notably Planning, Activation, Ad Operations) to bring to live data-led executions and demonstrate impact for the business.
- Liaise and develop relationships with senior internal and client stakeholders to consult on the application of data strategy services.
- Act as the 'technical' agency partner for the client's lead of digital transformation and the media leadership team. With this you will need to simplify the complex and tell an impactful story to drive change.
- Be the solutions architect for the client tech stack, identifying and configuring technology and platforms to facilitate greater use of data for targeting and tracking.
- Identify and assess relevant data partners and identity solutions in the market, helping clients and internal teams to navigate through evaluations and onboarding.
- Play an active role in upskilling client's teams on data management & activation capabilities by providing training and advice.
- Showcase out-of-the-box innovative thinking that can be pivoted into successful execution and new best practices
- Manage a team of 4 team members divided up across BT Consumers and Enterprise. Guide their development and grow their contribution to digital acceleration projects and data-led media activities.
A bit about yourself:
- 7+ years' experience in data strategy, ad tech consultancy or performance media activation.
- Good understanding of digital and data technologies to plan, buy and measure media campaigns, with a focus on direct response advertising.
- Proficient in ad tech, including ad-serving DSP, and data/customer management platforms.
- Expert on the Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, DV360, SA360, and Campaign Manager).
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with large quantities of data and complicated datasets; You must be able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Good proficiency in line management; with experience of managing a team, demonstrable skills in guiding the development of direct reports.
- A strategic thinker, displaying a positive attitude to ambiguity and able to tackle problems with a structured approach
- Ability to understand the big picture, how data strategy workstreams contribute to business success
- Curious and proactive in exploring internal and external solutions, tools and partnerships to build new ways of working and innovative approaches
- Ability to build good relationships with senior stakeholders
- Exhibits 'can do' attitude and resilience
- Strong project management skills, and ability to manage entire workflow: taking ownership, collaborating and influencing others and committed to achieving results
- Experience with large client's customers database and integration in marketing and advertising
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Dynamic Creative Optimization either in programmatic and/or social environments
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.