5 months ago
Data Strategy Director - Essence
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas.
As an Data Strategy Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the day to day program lead for client audience insights and data management for the different Product areas and internal clients. Acting as the 'technical' agency partner for the client's head of performance marketing, analytics, and technical clients.
- Liaise and develop relationships with senior internal and client stakeholders to consult on the application of data strategy services
- Align our data strategy efforts in EMEA with global initiatives across NA and APAC, demonstrating consistency in our approach backed by clear impact on the client's business.
- Lead the integration of the client's audience platforms into cross-channel campaign planning and activation.
- Provide thought leadership to internal and external clients across Martech, measurement, and digital tracking industry changes.
- Be the solutions architect for the client tech stack, identifying and configuring technology and platforms to facilitate greater data through for analysis and targeting. This can encompass audits of a client's current setup, as well as leading data and tech partner evaluations to better capture signals of value
- Maintain an oversight of the data partner market, helping Planning and Activation teams navigate through evaluations, tests and onboarding
- Play an active role in upskilling the agencies overall audience management capability by providing training and advice audience segmentation, tagging strategy, measurement etc, occasionally in markets other than your own.
- Leads data strategy R&D, creating tools and/or codified processes that help improve data throughput across the agency. Imparting out-of-the-box innovative thinking that can be pivoted into new best practices
- Directly responsible for managing 2 team members
- 7+ years digital agency-side working in a data strategy, analytics, or programmatic verticals.
- Strong knowledge of ad-serving DSP, and data/customer management platforms.
- Expert on the Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, DV360, SA360, and Campaign Manager)
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Good proficiency in line management; with experience of managing a team, with demonstrable skills in guiding the development of direct reports
You can apply for this role of Data Strategy Director now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. Please take a look at our website.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.