£100 - £150 per day
10 months ago
A leading retail brand, with stores up and down the country is looking to expand their online merchandising team.
As online merchandiser / eCommerce assistant you will have the following responsibilities:
- Build product lists to support editorial, email and content strategies using knowledge of stock availability to ensure lists are commercial and credible.
- Work with the brands and buying teams to optimise products across the site by improving product content including number of images and ensuring that the copy meets the customer's needs.
- Daily monitoring of in-coming products to ensure that they are published as soon as possible, maintained and updated.
- Ensure that all content is available to promote each product on the website to meet the launch date.
- Plan and Coordinate samples for photography to ensure products are photographed on time and to specification.
- Regularly monitor basic stock levels and availability, make recommendations to maximise sales and highlight any issues to the buying and merchandising teams.
- Ensure B&M teams attribute product correctly in the appropriate system within the publish date deadline.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports on key performance indicators (sales, margin, discount, stock turn) are produced and provide ad hoc analysis as required.
- Assist with identifying performance trends and opportunities to maximise sales.
- Assist with the preparation of master templates, the planning & completion of all promotional change outs and testing prior to going live on the web sites (6 weekly cycle), monitor progress and assist throughout the process to ensure successful on time delivery.
- Daily merchandising of products on the website.
- Monitor and resolve internal queries effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure documented processes are current and regularly reviewed.
- Maintain site navigation, adding or removing categories with campaign and content strategies.
- Propose, prepare and monitor Multi-Variant or A/B tests; analyse results and present findings.
- Review on-site search behaviour to gain an understanding of keyword queries to optimise search result findings to drive conversion and reduce the number of null searches.
- Actively monitor product sorting in all categories and on the search results pages and suggest changes to drive sales.
- Ensure that all product up-sell and cross-sell opportunities are correctly attributed and are available on product detail pages.
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience on the site.
- For all promotional launches check that all links direct the customer to the right area.
- "Walk the aisles" weekly to ensure that all links are correct from all promotional slots across the site and top navigation.
- Will have at least 2 years experience working as an eCommerce assistant / visual merchandiser
- Be passionate about excellence
- Be proactive and switched on
- Be interested in retail
If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please contact me on:
Rebecca (Bex) Hudson
0203 763 9752 //
Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on our website: https://www.spherelondon.co.uk/consultants/bex-hudson
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.