7 days ago
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As a Tech & Data lead reporting into the SVP of Data and Tech, you will play a pivotal role in designing and delivering Essence's digital transformation and data initiatives to one of the largest CPG brands globally. The role is responsible for understanding client challenges and ambitions, and architecting the right solutions supported by our specialist: Data Strategy, Ad Tech implementation, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Product, and Data Governance teams.
Some of the thing's we'd like you to do:
- You will define the strategy, roadmap and implementation of the omni channel marketing and technology platform stack, working closely with stakeholders in Essence Media, Data, Tech, and Analytics.
- In this role, you will be responsible for building client capabilities to enable digital marketing across web, mobile, ID graph, DMP, analytics, reporting, personalization, decisioning, testing, display, search and social ad platforms.
- You will take our solutions to clients, and work with the Essence consulting sales, client success leads, and implementation leads on winning and delivering new business.
- You will conduct market research on latest trends, educating teams and researching new vendors to expand capabilities. You will work closely with client's marketing and advertising teams and their external agencies. You will act as primary liaison with Data & Tech teams and external marketing technology service providers.
- You'll be part of the consulting teams to conduct assessments of client capabilities and performance, playing a significant role in team problem solving through the findings and insights from diagnostics and assessments.
- You will contribute to defining the implications to the client operating model, new roles and org implications, and operating processes. You will also contribute to the strategies and solutions for marketing technology.
A bit about yourself:
- 8+ years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality data and tech solutions for marketing organisations.
- Act as the Tech & Data client partner for our most senior clients, and work closely with the Client Services team on delivering on these solutions.
- Act as the day to day program lead (together with Data Strategy) for client audience insights and data management strategy and bringing them to life through global campaigns
- Work with the Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams to deliver market leading reporting capabilities and solutions.
- Ability to phase delivery of solutions such that it can meet immediate needs, while building towards the long-term strategic solution
- Ability to effortlessly switch gears from summary view for leadership to hands-on discussion with practitioners
- Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority - not afraid to do what is best for team
- Hands on experience in architecture and design of marketing, advertising and data platforms e.g. Adobe, Salesforce, Google (GMP), Oracle, etc.,
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, resource intensive, integrated and operational analytical solutions
What you can expect from Essence:
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox