City of London, London
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
6 months ago
A rapidly growing start-up that has built a portfolio of six home appliance, sports and outdoor and personal care consumer brands. They are a multi-channel retailer selling online through their own websites as well as global giants Amazon and eBay. Their rapid growth has resulted in regular new product launches as well as exploring new marketplaces and geographies.
The successful candidate will be the companies first in-house Developer responsible for four ecommerce sites. As a full stack developer your focus will be across their full tech stack from Wordpress / Woocommerce plugin development, Custom Theme Development (Wordpress PHP & Shopify Liquid) to Site Optimisation (Site Speed / SEO) & Hosting / Server Management.
- Take the lead on shaping, maintaining and optimising their global wordpress / woocommerce / shopify full tech stack across four websites operating in multiple territories
- Design & build their frontend websites including custom Wordpress & Shopify multilingual themes, content management systems (CMS), plugins, custom features and functionality.
- Manage and optimise their website backends including hosting and server management with a focus on security, scalability and performance.
- 3+ years experience in both frontend and backend functions across Wordpress / WooCommerce / Shopify which include but are not limited to a comibination of:
- Hosting (VPS), Server management (cPanel)
- PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, Liquid
- With considerable experience developing and implementing custom Wordpress, WooCommerce & Shopify plugins and APIs
- Proven track record designing, developing and maintaining multilingual and multi-site Wordpress installs.
- Technical Experience working with payment gateway APIs and iFrames including Klarna, Stripe & Shopify payments.
- Understanding of fundamental DNS configurations, CDNs & SSL
- Experience with version control / Git.
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices as well as site performance techniques to drive speed and usability.
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don’t forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at our website.