27 days ago
Media Activation Manager - Retail Search (Google)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
About the team
The Media Activation team is responsible for driving strong performance by executing well considered opportunities for Search, Social, Display, Video and eCommerce Retail that deliver for clients and their campaigns. The Media Activation team leverages their channel-specific knowledge and specialised skill set to ensure their recommendations are consistently both excellent and innovative, maximising campaign performance.
About the role
The Retail (Search) Media Activation Manager is accountable for full ownership of their campaigns across Amazon, Criteo & other ecommerce platforms being responsible for the day-to-day execution of all elements of retail activity, employing strong platform knowledge to deliver flawless media plans, optimisation, analysis and testing in collaboration with their direct reports.
The role could involve managing one or several juniors, overseeing their work and development to successfully execute client deliverables and progress all internal projects. You will also work closely with your account lead to deliver first-rate performance which exceeds our client's expectations.
- Effectively manage your & your team's designated accounts; ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered by your team. Be proactive, constantly looking for account optimisation & testing opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to all channel best practices for the client and contribute to the development of search best practices for the agency.
- Take responsibility for the data integrity & compliance of your account, managing forecasting and accurate reporting.
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, with support being provided as required
- Take responsibility for the delivery of wider client / team deliverables (such as insightful performance commentary and key stakeholder presentations), whilst coaching more junior team members on how this can be effectively achieved.
- Take ownership of your clients' testing agendas , organise, execute and evaluate tests that ladder up to wider learning objectives.
- Be a motivational manager leading by example while encouraging and coaching one or several juniors on the team, providing timely and actionable feedback to aid their development. Continually monitor and watch after their wellbeing, identifying and implementing ways to maintain or increase job satisfaction.
- Practice gratitude. Remember to say 'thank you' and uplift your colleagues by celebrating their good work.
- Strong and effective communication across all levels & ability to establish/build good working relationships quickly. Maintaining these both internally at Essence and externally with clients and partners.
A bit about you:
- Proven experience as an account manager or campaign strategist using Amazon sponsored ads & DSP, Criteo sponsored ads, Google shopping & other ecommerce platforms
- Experience with planning and running larger-scale digital retail or shopping campaigns, ideally across multiple products and/or markets.
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and a proven track record of managing multiple projects, meeting both goals and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning. Able to quickly determine the root cause of performance changes and communicate this honestly and concisely with the client. Detail oriented and data-driven.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members in a positive light
- An innate curiosity and willingness to learn and develop. Motivated by finding a faster way to do things and seeking out feedback from others to further your professional growth.
- Leadership. You take full ownership of performance, problems and the development of solutions that will get those problems solved. You lead yourself and your team to success.
- Experience with Google Analytics or DMPs (Oracle, AAM, or similar)
- Experience with Google Apps Script
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to look at vacancies on our website and register as a candidate.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox