7 months ago
Media Activation Manager - Paid Search AMS - Essence (L'Oréal)
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
About the team
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximised.
About the role
The Paid Search Media Activation Manager is responsible for owning the day-to-day execution of all elements of paid search activity, employing strong platform knowledge & supplier relationships to deliver flawless testing and media plans, optimisation, and analysis. The role involves managing one or several juniors, overseeing their work and their development to successfully execute client deliverables and progress all internal projects. You will also work closely with your account lead to deliver world class search campaigns which exceed our client's expectations.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Effectively manage your & your team's designated search accounts; ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered by the team and constantly proactively looking for both tactical and strategic optimisation opportunities
- Take responsibility for the delivery of wider client or team deliverables (such as performance commentary, weekly reporting, and innovation) and guide more junior team members in how this can be effectively achieved
- Ensure adherence to all channel best practices for client within search, and contribute to the development of search best practice
- Take ownership of your clients' testing plans to organise both tactical, and mid- term campaign actions and goals, and manage the planning, execution & evaluation of tests with methodical accuracy
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, with support being provided as required
- Managing forecasting and launching new campaigns and initiatives
- Take responsibility for the data integrity & compliance of your account, including working across different functions to troubleshoot data issues
- Motivational Manager leading by example while encouraging and coaching one or several juniors on the team
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress
- Continually monitor and watch after Essential satisfaction across client teams, identifying and implementing ways to either maintain or increase satisfaction
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Strong and effective communication across all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Understand when to escalate issues to Media Activation Director or Head of Activation
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
A bit about you:
- Proven experience as a paid search manager, ideally agency-side
- Experience with planning and running larger-scale PPC campaigns, ideally across multiple products or a portfolio with multiple brands
- Experience running Amazon campaigns
- Google Ads Certification
- Experience with SA360 and other bid management platforms e.g. Marin, Skai
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all platforms
- Expert organizational skills, great attention to detail
- Ability to implement and meet deadlines and project manage multiple campaigns
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- Ability to lead and motivate team members in a positive light
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Experience running Criteo / Citrus Ad campaigns
- Proven experience running Google shopping campaigns
- Proven experience developing automated tools / solutions
- Experience with Google Analytics (plus certification)
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.