City of London, London
4 months ago
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
About the team
The Media Activation team is responsible for driving strong performance by executing well considered opportunities for Search, Social, Display, and Video that deliver for clients and their campaigns. The Media Activation team leverages their channel-specific knowledge and specialised skill set to ensure their recommendations are consistently both excellent and innovative, maximising campaign performance.
This role sits within the Google team, within the B2B Pod. The team comprises over 50 people globally across Activation, Client Services, Analytics, Planning and Data Strategy. The Search team in London are currently made of up 9 people across all Google B2B products, most notably Google Ads and Google Cloud.
About the role
The Paid Search Media Activation Manager is accountable for full ownership of their campaigns, responsible for the day-to-day execution of all elements of paid search activity, employing strong platform knowledge to deliver flawless media plans, optimisation, analysis and testing in collaboration with their direct reports.
The role involves managing one or several juniors, overseeing their work and development to successfully execute client deliverables and progress all internal projects. You will also work closely with your account lead to deliver first-rate performance which exceeds our client's expectations.
Our clients expect the best and you will be required to work with them closely. Having a strong eye for detail and solid data analysis skills are a must to meet their expectations for performance and testing insights.
This role will see you manage the Google Ads accounts with a team of 4 others. The Google Ads business is one of Google's Core revenue drivers and Search is responsible for a vast majority of this. Therefore, the role requires you to be incredibly data driven, detail oriented and a clear communicator. Day to day responsibilities will include weekly commentary, pacing, testing and campaign hygiene, with a core focus on data analysis. You will manage a team of two, being responsible for their personal development and training.
- Effectively manage your & your team's designated search accounts; ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered by your team. Be proactive, constantly looking for account optimisation & testing opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to all channel best practices for the client and contribute to the development of search best practices for the agency.
- Take responsibility for the data integrity & compliance of your account, managing forecasting and accurate reporting.
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, with support being provided as required
- Take responsibility for the delivery of wider client / team deliverables (such as insightful performance commentary and key stakeholder presentations), whilst coaching more junior team members in how this can be effectively achieved.
- Take ownership of your clients' testing plans to plan, organise, execute and evaluate tests that ladder up to wider learning objectives.
- Be a motivational manager leading by example while encouraging and coaching one or several juniors on the team, providing timely and actionable feedback to aid their development. Continually monitor and watch after their wellbeing, identifying and implementing ways to maintain or increase job satisfaction.
- Practice gratitude. Remember to say 'thank you' and uplift your colleagues by celebrating their good work.
- Strong and effective communication across all levels & ability to establish/build good working relationships quickly. Maintaining these both internally at Essence and externally with clients and partners.
A bit about you:
- Proven experience as a paid search manager, ideally agency-side
- Experience with planning and running larger-scale PPC campaigns, ideally across multiple products and/or markets.
- Experience with SA360 and other bid management platforms e.g. Marin, Kenshoo
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and a proven track record of managing multiple projects, meeting both goals and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning. Able to quickly determine the root cause of performance changes and communicate this honestly and concisely with the client. You are detail oriented and data-driven.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members in a positive light
- An innate curiosity and willingness to learn and develop. Motivated by finding a faster way to do things and seeking out feedback from others to further your professional growth.
- Leadership. You take full ownership of performance, problems and the development of solutions that will get those problems solved. You lead yourself and your team to success.
- Mastery of SA360
- Experience with Google Analytics
You can apply for this role of Media Activation Manager now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Do not forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. Please look at our website.
Sphere is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications regardless of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and any other protected status as required by applicable law.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox