City of London, London
15 days ago
Position/Title: Media Product Director, Programmatic
Position Reports to: Media Product Lead, Programmatic & Social
Essence is looking for a Media Product Director to drive Programmatic excellence across the agency. The Media Product Director, Programmatic will be the guardian of best practise planning and buying as well as a thought leader who understands the rapidly evolving programmatic landscape. The role will involve working with the Media Product Lead on charting a course of direction for clients, assessing new opportunities and providing POVs for the agency and working with client teams to implement innovative solutions that enhance our campaigns. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in defining how Essence can evolve and incorporate their programmatic expertise and services into proprietary tools to drive incremental revenue opportunities, including through our Essence Consulting proposition.
You will be an influencer and visionary who has strong opinions on how Programmatic is evolving, and how organisations will need to adapt to stay relevant.
- Building relationships with core partners across the programmatic ecosystem & leading on JBPs with our key DSP partners
- Work with the Media Product Lead, Programmatic & Social to develop our industry leading approach to programmatic and support in sharing updates throughout the agency, including SPO, brand safety and custom algorithms
- Collaborate with the Media Product Lead and other product teams to develop new monetizable products and services within Programmatic,
- Central escalation point and key contact for our programmatic activation teams and owning platform governance processes and controls
- Support our client teams in designing, presenting and implementing transformational programmatic strategies across new channels, formats and data signals
- Develop and support on advanced data strategies with the client teams and drive adoption of privacy readiness solutions for measurement and targeting
- Working with GroupM and sister agencies to to standardise Programmatic across the the group, and contributing to the wider GroupM Programmatic community
- Work with global, regional and market leadership to identify common opportunities and challenges while maintaining consistency across markets, especially for global clients.
- Contribute to and participate in new business pitches and top client engagement strategies
- Support the investment team in partner negotiations and agreements with Programmatic and Media vendors.
- Motivational Leader, leading by example while encouraging and coaching juniors on the team
- Lead through vision, values, and model leadership behaviors while championing and facilitating change in a positive manner
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress
- Continually monitor and watch after Essential satisfaction across client teams, identifying and implementing ways to either maintain or increase satisfaction
- Strong and effective communication across all levels; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
- 6+ years of experience within Programmatic, preferably in Agency or Trading Desk. Significant in-platform buying experience is essential.
- Experience with planning and running large-scale programmatic accounts, preferably via DV360 (formally DBM) but also Trade Desk, AppNexus, Avocet and other programmatic platforms
- Experience managing relationships with major DSP and SSP partners
- Proven track record in building relationships with senior clients
- Confident in the ability to assist in planning and delivery of pitches to potential clients
- Deep understanding of RTB and other Programmatic mechanics to assist in troubleshooting and development of new solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Campaign Manager and the wider Google tech stack
- Comfortable using SQL and Google Big Query, or similar data warehouse tools
- Experience working across other digital platforms and channels (search, social etc)
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox