City of London, London
7 days ago
Paid Social Account Manager
Essence Global - NBC Universal
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas.
About the client
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading entertainment brands. The film studio boasts franchises such as Jurassic World, Bond and Fast and Furious, but also owns Dreamworks Animation (How to Train your Dragon) and Illumination (Despicable Me) making it one of the most lucrative studios in the world. This does not stop at in-cinema releases, with a part of the business focusing on watching content at home via digital or physical means.
Our clients are a mix of marketing, product and media experts who will continuously challenge your thinking to get to the best solutions for driving growth in their dynamic category.
About the role
The Media Activation Manager is responsible for owning the day-to-day execution of all elements of paid social activity, employing strong platform knowledge & supplier relationships to deliver flawless testing and media plans, optimisation, and analysis. The role involves managing one or several juniors, overseeing their work and their development to successfully execute client deliverables and progress all internal projects. You will also work closely with your account lead (and the team's head of social), to deliver world class paid social programmes which exceed our client's expectations.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Build effective media plans to organise campaign actions and goals
- Deliver in depth analysis during and post campaign to understand performance beyond top line metrics
- Demonstrate clear and thorough understanding of Paid Social and deliver well-developed intelligent campaigns to successfully hit client KPIs.
- Collaborate with other departments to get the most out of campaigns
- Have a deep knowledge of the industry and always consider how this can be brought to the day to day
- Take ownership of your NBCU's testing plans to organise both tactical, and mid- term campaign actions and goals, and manage the planning, execution & evaluation of tests with methodical accuracy
- Keep abreast of large-scale developments across display, programmatic and paid search channels to maintain practitioner-level working knowledge of these (to complement expert paid social knowledge) in order to be able to manage juniors working across these channels
- Agree with the clients on targets and how to achieve them. Provide forecasts and monitor campaigns
- Ensure work is in sync with overall media campaigns and plans are in agreement with the internal teams, clients and are aligned globally where applicable.
- Experience with planning and running larger-scale paid social campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat & Pinterest across multiple markets
- Leverage other people's skill set to deliver results in clients' campaigns
- Contribute to the upkeep of social best practice, and contribute to documentation of this
- Manage junior members of the team in the London office and ensure a smooth working relationship with our Dehli activation counterparts to support on large deliverables.
A bit about yourself:
- At least 2.5 years agency-side or client side working on social campaigns with excellent experience of Facebook, Twitter & Snapchat. Other platforms are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; you must be able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- High attention to detail with an understanding of optimisation levers across platforms
- Experience running audience and creative testing (e.g A/B testing), with thought leadership capability to progress learning agendas with the client
- A passion for film and the wider Ents industry
- Good understanding of Campaign Manager and trafficking
- Line management experience
- Involvement with running campaigns across multiple countries / languages
- Basic understanding of YouTube, as cross-channel activation will be required in some instances.
can apply for the role of Paid Social Associate Manager role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox