City of London, London
£325 - £400 per day
3 months ago
Product Manager- Content
Contract - 6 months
Client side - Publisher
London- zone 1
£350-400 per day
A digital media company which produces data and insight products focused the sports industry is looking for a Product manager on a 6 month long contract. This brand are a great client of ours, and manage multiple digital products across B2C and B2B as well as publishes national newspapers .
The Product team are the key element of the business transformation to digital and the future success the brand, this is thus a key hire. The Product Management team pride themselves on understanding and solving real customer problems and building the most intuitive, engaging and innovative digital experiences for their customers.
As Product manager you will help the business as the embark on an exciting new initiative to redefine and rebuild our products. This is therefore a great opportunity to be a big part of a rare opportunity to create something from the ground up and employ the latest product methodology to do so.
As an experienced Product Manager, ideally with a background in digital media and a demonstrable history of delighting customers with the delivery of content tools and services, you will play a vital role in the brands B2C ecosystem. As product manager you would report to the Head of Product and would be responsible for the alignment and management of stakeholders, subject matter experts, engineers, data scientists, and UX and Research team and directly influencing the direction of products take to achieve key performance metrics that support business goals.
The Product Manager will focus on developing Content and Personalisation features to meet the needs of users across multiple channels. This encapsulates the full stack development of features, including the data, services and front end presentation, to deliver the content and personalisation services and tools critical for realising our vision. Example responsibilities for the product manager are content management system, editorial services, search function, recommendations engine and personalised content.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for defining a Product Vision, OKRs and strategy and delivering features for digital channels. You be well versed in taking a customer first approach to your products and have a strong knowledge of App and Web client technologies and a multi-tennanted service architecture. You will own, manage and communicate the status and delivery of your roadmap for each product, working with your development squad located across this brands global offices.
As Product Manager you will establish yourself as an expert in your assigned area, empathising with the needs of internal customers - such as the Editorial team - and our end users, keeping up to date with product methodology, technologies, market developments and competitor analysis, and using a range of metrics and insights to drive plans.
As Product manager you will have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Lead the product development process from ideation through implementation
- Track key metrics, and providing reporting on them
- Contribute ideas that positively influence the product vision and roadmap.
- Support the development and design teams throughout the product creation process
- Act as a custodian of the user experience for product opportunities, providing the voice of our customer through experiments, surveys and expertise
- Proactively engage with other teams within the company
- Build and maintain a product backlog where all documentation clearly illustrates evidence-based decisions
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Degree-level education
- 5+ years digital product management experience.
- An excellent understanding of Agile methodology and the responsibilities of a Product Manager/Owner
- Experience of working in the digital media industry to deliver content and related services such as a content management system is preferred
- Ability to take ownership of the Discovery process and present ideas
- Good knowledge of user research methodologies
- Jira usage for backlog management, prioritisation and dependencies
- An interest in and/or previous experience of data science is desirable
- Genuine interest in digital media, technology and ideally the sports industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate empathy and good listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player able to work within a small team
If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please contact me on:
Rebecca (Bex) Hudson
0203 763 9752 //
Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for Rebecca Hudson.
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.