£350 - £450 per day
8 months ago
Product Manager - Contract
rate £350-400 per day
A brilliant media owner whose products (both online and offline) are consumed by millions of people, daily and across the globe are looking to hire a contract Product Manager to support them on a new programme of work. The role is yet to be determined from an IR35 perspective, so applicants need to keep this in mind, and it explains the broad day rate bracket listed. Umbrella company contractors can operate as normal. For Limited company freelancers there is a chance the determination might come back as inside.
This client is at the start of an exciting period of growth in their product journey across the journalistic arm of their media operation. As such, they have an immediate need for an experienced digital product manager to help them drive forward and deliver their goal of growing their digital subscription service.
The Product Manager will focus on creating best in class digital platforms for their customer base, which for this division of the business is essentially new readers across multiple touch points, prioritising roadmaps using data and customer feedback.
As Product Manager you will guide and manage the product backlog, prioritise features stories and tasks with stakeholders. You will have a true understanding quickly of what features drive habits and engagement across the platforms.
Key responsibilities of the Product Manager in this role are:
- Have responsibility for all product requests
- Curate a brilliant data driven approach to product development
- Have ownership of the product backlog
- Lead on defining the platform roadmaps
- Working closely with the wider UX and UI functions from a product perspective
- You will help to delivery incredible customer experience
- Work collaboratively with delivery and development teams
- Immerse yourself in this brands competitors and research potential new opportunities
As Product Manager, to be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- A proven track record working as an experience Product Manager
- Specifically, you will have previous experience working as a digital product manager in one or more of the following sectors: publishing, media or a very heavy consumer led (B2C) business
- Experience of working on subscription based products is really a must given what this client does
- You will have a proven track record taking new products t market- product launch experience is a must
- Experience of working with cross functional teams such as product development, UX design etc
- An excellent understanding of what makes a brilliant Customer Journeys
- Agile- you will have previous experience running agile sprints
- JIRA experiecne for tracking
- Good time management and a collaborative mindset
Please send your CV into us to express an interest and we will review your profile immediately. If it aligns well with the requirements of the role clearly listed in this advert we will be in touch within 24-48 hours.
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.