City of London, London
4 months ago
Title: Media Activation Associate Director - Programmatic
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the team
Programmatic involves planning & flawlessly executing programmatically bought media plans, across programmatic display, video and emerging biddable platforms, as well as deploying unsurpassed platform knowledge & smart use of audience data, and developing industry-leading technology (secured through collaborative supplier partnerships) to facilitate 1:1 communication with our audience.
About the role
The Programmatic Associate Director is responsible for the coordination and delivery of programmatic campaigns across their account(s) and operates as the main specialist point of contact for our clients. They will make use of platform knowledge and account management practices to ensure effective management of projects to brief, schedule and budget. They will also work closely with their account lead, and the head of programmatic, to deliver world class programmatic programmes which exceed our client's expectations.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Effectively oversee your team's programmatic accounts; ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered by the team, and that they and yourself are constantly proactively looking for both tactical and strategic optimisation opportunities
- Coordinate the team, in order to fulfil wider client or team deliverables (such as weekly reporting, project management and innovation) and take responsibility for the bigger picture in terms of your clients' accounts, (for example, take responsibility for reviews of client or team deliverables with direction from your manager). Demonstrate best practice in this and develop team members' ability to achieve this effectively.
- Further develop in-depth knowledge of all programmatic and relevant 3rd party platforms, operating as in-agency expert / trusted advisor to clients in your field of specialism, whilst showing a good understanding of the overall media landscape
- Conduct highly effective data analysis and interpretation, issue identification and solution development on behalf of your client. Maintain an excellent level of contextual awareness.
- Oversee development of your clients' testing plans to organise both tactical, and mid- term campaign actions and goals
- Contribute to the wider regional programmatic strategy & goals, provide strategic insight to individual campaign wrap-ups
- Working with the Reservation Media, and Investment teams, assisting with research into, onboarding of, and best practice development for emerging programmatic platforms
A bit about yourself:
- 4-6 years digital agency-side working with hands-on experience of Programmatic in particular DV360 & Google Ads (GDN, UAC & TrueView)
- Good proficiency in line management; with experience of managing a team, with demonstrable skills in guiding the development of direct reports
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- High attention to detail, and good organisational skills, with an understanding of optimisation levers & testing approaches across programmatic platforms
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends
- Experience with running multi million dollar campaigns across EMEA
- Experience with planning and running large-scale DSP and PMP programmes, across platforms such as DV360,
- DV360 certification
- Experience with Google Analytics
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.