City of London, London
3 days ago
Title: Media Activation Director - Programmatic
Essence is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, L'Oreal, Nando's, BT, EE, Argos, Universal Pictures and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,700 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via offices in Bengaluru, Chicago, Delhi, Düsseldorf, Jakarta, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Minneapolis, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto. Part of GroupM, Essence is majority-owned by WPP, the world's leading creative transformation group.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Programmatic involves planning & flawlessly executing programmatically bought media plans, across display, video and mobile and emerging biddable & programmatic platforms, as well as deploying unsurpassed platform knowledge & smart use of audience data, and developing industry-leading technology (secured through collaborative supplier partnerships) to facilitate 1:1 communication with our audience.
You will be the programmatic media lead for the team, providing strategic insight, consultancy to local markets to help them evolve programmatic best practice (incl. development of technology and leading supplier relationships), as well as oversee campaign executions managed centrally across multiple EMEA markets.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Effectively oversee your team's programmatic accounts; ensuring ongoing and timely optimization is delivered by the team, and that they and yourself are constantly proactively looking for both tactical and strategic optimization opportunities
- Take full responsibility for all wider client or team programmatic deliverables, including the financial and commercial aspects of the programmatic accounts. Take responsibility for the bigger picture in terms of your clients' accounts, (for example, take full responsibility for reviews of client or team deliverables)
- Work closely with the current Social / Cross-Channel Activation Director to deliver integrated channel strategy across central campaign activations, as well as support any programmatic-involved transformation projects across AdTech
- Consult and engage with local territories to drive digital maturity across Display & Programmatic
- Act as a mentor to individuals both inside and outside of your team, encouraging them to develop their full potential, and helping them develop their longer-term career plans
- Working with the Reservation Media, and Investment teams across GroupM local partner agencies, assisting with research into, onboarding of, and best practice development for emerging programmatic platforms
A bit about yourself:
- 6-8 years experience in a digital media agency (with at least 18 months to 2 years in the Programmatic space), or have commensurate experience in digital roles managing teams, and working with other Account Directors / Heads-of-Programmatic, and/or Marketing Directors / Marketing Managers on the client side
- Experience with planning and running large-scale programmatic accounts, preferably via DV360 (formally DBM) but also Amazon, Trade Desk, AppNexus, Avocet
- Advanced experience of YouTube (via Google Ads) is also required
- Adept at running campaigns across multiple countries / languages
- Advanced knowledge of in-market programmatic challenges for key EMEA, LATAM & APAC markets - UK, DE, AU, MX etc. Able to devise solutions and develop our programmatic practice in challenging environments
- Experience delivering integrated digital campaigns for large clients - Search, Display, Social, etc
- Extensive knowledge of Campaign Manager and the Google tech stack
- Google AdWords Certification (including Video Certification)
- Experience with Doubleclick Search (plus certification)
- Experience with Google Analytics (plus certification)
- Experienced with programmatic tools and solutions to streamline workflows
- Previous experience in Ents, and a passion for film!
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox