£250 - £300 per day
6 months ago
£300pd - Outside IR35
3 month contract
My client is a globally leading marketing and creative agency looking for a Publicist to work on their 2 leading clients Ford and Google. They are looking for someone with strong Media Relations experience across consumer/tech/lifestyle etc as well as strong project management experience.
They are looking for the kind of person who knows which media outlet you have on speed dial can travel to events and which ones will want ready made materials delivered to their inbox.
- You'll be publicity focused PR who is well connected with broadcast media and know exactly who to approach on the forward-planning desks to land airtime for a news announcement, thought-leadership or executive profiling opportunity.
- You'll know who's who across the national newsdesks, features editors and specialist writers - and how to deliver your outreach so that your story is the one that stands out in a busy inbox to make it onto the list for editorial conference.
- You'll have a nose for news and grasp on trending topics so you'll intuitively know which stories will automatically 'make' and which will need building out further or extra creative flair to deliver relevance.
- You'll be happy to work as part of a team on developing and implementing media strategies but equally comfortable to take the lead and provide consultancy and guidance on media approach to both colleagues and clients.
- You'll be someone who likes working with newsy clients, big businesses and an interest in tech and cars would be ideal.
- You'll understand the world of business but would be equally comfortable talking about lifestyle brands and describe yourself as a generalist PR rather than a corporate or consumer specialist.
- Broad experience ideally spanning consumer lifestyle, national news, tech and corporate
- Excellent media relations knowledge - you really know what works for different media
- Proven experience securing news and feature stories in a variety of national, tech and lifestyle media across online, print and broadcast
- Incredibly organised with good attention to detail
- Good project management experience
- Experience of delivering variety of campaigns from news announcements and broadcast media 'tours' to event-based launches or research / asset led activations
***PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB***
You can apply for this role of Publicist now by sending me your CV. Do not forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. Please look at our website.
Sphere is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications regardless of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and any other protected status as required by applicable law.
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.