New York, USA
US$150000 - US$200000 per annum + Bonus & Stock
8 months ago
Picnic, 'The Social Display Marketplace'
Sales Director/VP of Sales, East Coast - Ad Tech Start-Up - $150,000-200,000 base + bonus and stock!
New York City - Semi Remote
Founded just 5 years ago in London by Matthew Goldhill, Picnic have rapidly established themselves as one of the most exciting players in the Ad Tech space due to their market leading technology in Social Display and recent funding round.
The technology allows advertisers to communicate like their consumers through engaging ads with formats such as stories, posts, carousel, and swipe right. The technology has done incredibly well across the UK and Europe with Picnic working with nearly all of the major agency groups currently and allowed them to grow to now over 30 people.
Thanks to a $3m funding round that was announced in December 2021 their focus now turns to replicating their UK success across the US with this role to be their first hire!
This role will give you the opportunity to be the business leader in the US, working alongside CEO and Founder Matt who is moving Stateside to support you. The role will have you initially in a very hands-on selling capacity with the entire Eastern Seaboard to go after before you look to expand both the East Coast office and then across the whole of the US and potentially progress into a General Manager of the US role within the next 2-3 years.
They need someone with considerable experience in Media Sales in the Ad Tech space working with Agencies. Digital Ad experience across Magazines or TV is required but above all they are looking for someone that wants to make this business a huge success across the US market, an incredible opportunity.
As a Head of Sales, you will:
- Build and manage the first US office of Picnic, hiring a sales and account management team of 10-12 people in the first 18 months
- Sell into all the major agency groups across the East Coast
- Work closely with the UK team for support and cross selling
- Reporting back to the board on revenue numbers, projections and team performance
- Expected to act as a senior leader within the business and appear at various trade shows and events on behalf of the company
- 5-8 years ideally of Agency Sales experience
- A proven leader and manager of sales employees, experience managing a team is a must
- Experience working in Media Sales in an Ad Tech environment
- You will have experience in Digital Ads ideally in TV and Magazines.
- You must have sold considerably into Agencies and ideall with some Brands direct, demand side
- You will be a great developer of people, with a proven track record of improving and growing revenue performance across your team
- You have a great track record of winning large pieces of business
- Passionate, ambitious and driven to join a rapidly expanding and high flying start up
- Initial Call with me to discuss the role and find out more about your experience
- Call with Matt as the CEO to discuss more in detail about the company, opportunity and see if it could be a good fit
- Face to Face meeting with Matt in NYC at the end of January
- Final meeting with the UK team in London in February with a presentation
- Flexible working hours
- Health, Dental and Vision cover
- Generous 401K
- Semi remote working with a Manhattan based office
- Bonus Scheme
- Stock options
- Bespoke 121 training
- Exposure to senior business processes and the founders of the company
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
VP North America
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.