City of London, London
£40000 - £41000 per annum
4 months ago
Social Media Manager
9 month contract
Publishing / Media Owner
Are you looking to join one of the countries leading publishing houses? My client are looking for a Social Media Manager with a genuine passion for homes, gardens, food and travel content.
You will oversee day-to-day strategy and support the digital and audience development teams. You will elevate the brands USPs and be responsible for creating and overseeing a strategy that ensures each brand's social growth and health.
- Defining and owning a strong social media strategy to retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and following across both brands and maintaining general social health across platforms.
- Use creativity and brand tones to drive traffic to the website from all social media platforms.
- Use creativity and brand tones to drive engagement and grow social followings.
- Manage the daily publishing schedule across the brands social sites.
- Experiment and strategize for new platforms relevant to the brands.
- Learning and using Crowd Tangle to see what's trending on social for platform strategy, and train section editors and writers on Crowd Tangle so they can identify content opportunities.
- Lead the social media coverage of live 'moments' including events and TV shows.
- Work closely with the Head of Social Media and the Digital Editor to determine a viable video strategy to be implemented across our social platforms that drives revenue growth.
- Constant awareness and communication of developments in terms of platforms, trends (both current and future) and how they apply to our lifestyle and homes brands.
- Weekly reporting of social successes, trends and engagement.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the social media space.
- 3+ years experience running social media content production
- A thorough understanding of each social media platform and best processes for publishing and growth.
- Comprehensive experience working with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools such as CrowdTangle, Dash Hudson and individual platform analytics is essential.
- Passionate about food, homes and lifestyle topics.
- The ability to deliver a clear and cohesive platform-by-platform plan that feeds into our overall brand goals, communicating this in a way that motivates and inspires.
- Photoshop experience preferred.
- Experience working towards and delivering challenging KPIs.
- Experience navigating sensitive or controversial issues on social preferred
- Flexible working attitude and collaborative team player, ready to cover breaking news, generate meme ideas and remain calm under pressure, essential.
***PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB***
You can apply for this role of Social Media Manager now by sending me your CV. Do not forget to register as a candidate too.
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. Please look at our website.
Sphere is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications regardless of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and any other protected status as required by applicable law.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.