City of London, London
24 days ago
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose
mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart,
NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people
strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via
20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Essence can offer you remote working, and flexible working hours in line with our flex working policy alongside a whole host of other benefits.
Essence is looking for a Media Product Director to drive Paid Social excellence across the
agency. The Media Product Director, Social will be the guardian of best practise planning and
buying as well as a thought leader who understands the rapidly evolving Paid social
landscape and working with the Media Product Lead can chart a course of direction for
clients as well as internal teams. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in defining how
Essence can evolve and incorporate the paid social product into proprietary tools for media
buying and planning to drive incremental revenue opportunities, including through our
Essence Consulting proposition.
You will be an influencer and visionary who has strong opinions on where social media is
heading, and how organisations will need to evolve to stay relevant.
● Provide strategic direction to Essence's for Paid Social by working with major market
● Deepen relationships with key partners such as Facebook, Twitter, Snap, TikTok etc,
build out relevant partnership JBP's in conjunction with other relevant stakeholders
● Be the central point of contact for partnership programs such Facebook, Snap,
Twitter, TikTok etc. Be responsible for the success of these programs
● Create strong relationships with clients and help evolve their paid social strategies to
be market leading.
● Help our client teams create transformational strategy through Social (ecommerce,
AR/VR, brand lift etc)
● Develop and support on advanced data strategies with the client teams and drive
adoption of privacy readiness solutions for measurement and targeting
● Collaborate with the Media Product Lead and other product teams to develop new
monetizable products and services within Social
● Working with GroupM and sister agencies to to standardise Paid social across the the
group and contributing to the wider GroupM Paid Social community
● Work with global, regional and market leadership to identify common opportunities
and challenges while maintaining consistency across markets, especially for global
● Contribute to and participate in new business pitches and top client engagement
● Support the investment team in partner negotiations and agreements with Social
● Motivational Leader, leading by example while encouraging and coaching juniors on
● Lead through vision, values, and model leadership behaviors while championing and
facilitating change in a positive manner
● Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development,
improvement, and progress
● Continually monitor and watch after Essential satisfaction across client teams,
identifying and implementing ways to either maintain or increase satisfaction
● Strong and effective communication across all levels; ability to establish and
maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
● Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
● Experience with planning and running large-scale paid social activity on multiple
social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. either directly or via third
● Excellent knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency,
channels, formats, etc.
● Experience of managing paid social partner relationships
● Regularly contributes to paid social best practices and campaign processes
● End of quarter wrap up and review content for biddable campaigns.
● Some experience with paid search, programmatic display & reservation-based
What you can expect from Essence
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by
employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's
digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of
our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we
promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging.
We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, or marital status.
Nusrat Khan Juty 0203 869 2038
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile.
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox