£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 year ago
The Technology Team of a brilliant broadcast brand is looking for a technical support analyst to join a team that is responsible for the design, development, deployment and 2nd/3rd-line support of this brands business systems and media logistics infrastructure. The business have some unbelievable products and services and you, as technical support, would work directly with the Media Operations team as well as the Product team to analyse and resolve a diverse range of incidents, problems and enhancements to the live production service. You must therefore have full End-to-end business support for systems and applications
To excel in this Technical Support role you will have the following skills:
- Demonstrable IT support experience in a software-based environment
- Understand about networks, IP and IT environments - Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP desirable
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL support model, ideally foundation certified in ITIL v2 or greater
- Experience with dealing with internal and external providers professionally and calmly, even when under pressure.
- Ideally to have experience and passion in media industry, with media assets and asset management systems, video codecs and transcoder profiles.
- Knowledge of best practice in IT security, policies and procedures
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of scripts, XML,XSLT or an interest in learning is desirable
- Some experience of public cloud experience, ideally in AWS, is desirable
- To have experience of platform monitoring tools, ideally DataDog and CloudHealth.
- Experience of Jira and Confluence.
- A genuine interest in learning how TV works and broadcast workflow
Day to day you would be undertaking the following sorts of tasks:
- To support the businesses media management workflow from supply inwards through to delivery to third parties.
- Utilise IT and production monitoring and process checks to identify and diagnose complex service impacting issues across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Provide analysis and seek resolution of a diverse range of incidents impacting live workflows. Initiate and communicate response to service disruption and support proactive measures aimed at preventing recurrence.
- Logging all incidents accurately and documenting all investigative activities; including all technical means employed to ascertain the nature of the fault and remedial action taken.
- Managing incident and escalating as appropriate as per defined process.
- Keep up to date with operational changes, ensuring that actions are taken in line with best practice.
- Use strong communication skills to articulate accurate information to technical and non-technical audiences
- To become the support export with this businesses content platform, including Freeway, Vidispine, DataDog and any other system/software required.
- Write specification documents for system enhancements, process and organisation change and improvements.
- To maintain the content security standards
- To develop, document and constantly review standard operating procedures for the role
If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please contact me on:
Rebecca (Bex) Hudson-Dowdeswell
0203 763 9752 //
Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on our website: https://www.spherelondon.co.uk/consultants/bex-hudson
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.