Up to £40000 per annum + Full benefits
7 months ago
Top Media Owner
A top media owner with a strong portfolio of brands, consumed by millions of people across the globe are looking to hire a UI designer to join an 11 person strong multi-discipline team. The business builds great experiences by applying agile methodologies and iterative feedback to the design process. It is a super collaborative business and a team built on great culture and communication. They have regular stand-ups with the wider team and work very closely with Product Managers and Developers on a daily basis.
To be successful in this role, the UI Designer should be comfortable guiding a brand vision and comfortable delivering that vison across various platforms- mobile, tablet and desktop. Ideally, you'll have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centred Design approaches. There is every opportunity to learn new skills, and immerse yourself in the latest technologies, and you will work alongside Product Managers, Developers, UX etc. You will work across this businesses multiple brands to create great digital experiences
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Developers and provide feedback during development sprints.
- Work closely with UX to create beautiful and engaging user experiences
- Drive a collaborative and iterative design process to create great products
- Develop and work within the style guide to make sure our UI is consistent throughout all digital products
- Experience mentoring/knowledge sharing other designers and collaborating with developers
- An appreciation of front-end tech
- Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
- The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
- Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
- Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs
- Support the UX team in user testing and research process
- Stay up to date with industry and wider design trends
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:
- Solid UI design experience -minimum of 2 years solid commercial, ideally 3-5 years.
- You have significant experience in creating digital products in product led companies (web and native apps). You'll have an eye for design and be focussed on the detail, taking accessibility into account.
- Experience creating and working within a design system: You feel comfortable creating a design system and working with a library of components.
- Experience in applying brand on products: You have the ability to translate high level brand guidelines to design elements that fit with the product and improve its efficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of UX research, interviewing and UX workshops
- You'll have familiarity with the technical constraints and limitations of designing for different mediums. You'll be skilled at responsive layouts - and up to date with current typography and colour theory.
- Experience with all the tools - You'll be proficient with industry standard design tools (Adobe CC) and possess a good knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch and Invision.
- Applying best practice design approaches to a variety of brand types
- Confident in building design guidelines and specifications to support decisions
- Experienced in digital standards such as web fonts and accessibility.
This business is fully committed to Diversity and Inclusion, as are Sphere, and they also have a brilliant community culture that has thrived despite everyone being at home at the moment- it truly is an exceptional place to work, learn and be happy! If you are interested in applying please send your cv and portfolio
Sphere Digital Recruitment are specialists in placing marketing, sales, analytics, product and creative talent globally.