City of London
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
8 months ago
A leading charity with the future of our planet at its heart is hiring a mid weight Graphic Designer. This charities primary focus is around conservation, the wonderful animals that make our planet unique and facilitating worldwide change to the way in which humans interact with the planet.
This newly-created position is in response to our priority of bringing storytelling to the forefront of our activities. With that in mind, the midweight graphic designer will collaborate with all departments including communication, social media, creative and content to help deliver unique and innovative visuals helping the organisation stand out from the crowd.
The Graphic Designer will produce high quality creative visuals (still and moving image) while working independently, managing multiple projects and scheduling workload in order to meet deadlines. This is a varied, creative position that requires a flexible approach, ability to work across mixed media and independently editing videos using Premiere Pro.
This is a full time 6 months fixed-term position with the ambition to turn the role into a permanent position thereafter.
- Work across a wide range of creative disciplines - including; branding, design, digital and print design, video editing as well as supporting on pitches.
- Understand the organisations tone of voice and brand guidelines and provide support to improve them when needed
- Take an active role in ensuring the department's output is of a consistently high standard - both in terms of accuracy and design quality and following corporate brand design guidelines
- Work closely with communications, social media, creative and content and teams to produce visuals (stills and video) for all social channel across YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Repurpose existing video content by editing clips for social media and longer compilations for YouTube
- Interpret creative briefs and work with materials provided by photographers, GCI artists and compositors to design final social media assets
- Ensure that all visual assets produced are properly named and storage in the organisation's server
- Commercial experience at junior to mid-level Graphic designer
- A strong portfolio of truly integrated Graphic Design work
- Strong creative and technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro (additional software skills are a bonus especially After Effects)
- Eager to learn new skills and expand areas of performance including character animation and compositing
- A sound understanding of design processes and experience in seeing projects through from concept to completion
- A high degree of knowledge of all different social media images and videos formats
- Excellent understanding of voice and specific distinctions between different social media platforms
- Confident working independently with quick turn arounds
- A clear communicator both in writing and in person, with excellent all-round interpersonal skills
- A professional who welcomes constructive feedback and direction
- Highly self-motivated, as well as a team player
6 month FTC
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don’t forget to register as a candidate too.
Senior Business Manager
0203 763 9752 | 07801 557 582
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at our website.