Diversity isn't a tick box by Simone Harvey, The Unmistakables21 August, 2020
“A time to rebuild businesses” is the theme of our final episode of Season 1's Life in Digital podcast and is a quote from our guest, Simone Harvey, Director of The Unmistakables.
The Unmistakables are a diversity and culture agency and Simone was the perfect guest to round off what’s been an incredible couple of months of speaking to leaders and shapers of the digital sector.
We started this podcast in response to the accelerated changes happening in the digital sector in light of the pandemic and the snowball effect that the Black lives matter movement has had on how we think and talk about diversity in businesses.
I hope you will join me in listening to our final episode where we discuss the importance of diversity and building an inclusive team, and how data is vital in holding us accountable to the promises made in 2020.
Simone has over 10 years of comms experience. She’s worked on campaigns for some of the world’s biggest brands and organizations, including The Coca-Cola Company, Diageo and Pladis and has held positions at leading agencies including Hill & Knowlton and Teneo, as well as boutique specialists. Simone’s experience spans corporate, B2B and consumer comms, people development, and culture change.
Alongside a career in comms, she’s also a visual artist and member of two art collectives (for women of color and artists of African descent). She has hosted and participated in solo and group shows across London and has experience facilitating panels, focus groups and workshops.
Simone joined The Unmistakables with a desire to integrate her mix of passions, experience and identity – to embrace and celebrate difference and expand the ‘norm’ within the marcomms industry, organizations and society as a whole. Bringing her whole self to work, creatively, culturally and personally, she delivers a wealth of lived and professional experience to The Unmistakables.
- Simone Harvey: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simone-harvey-53641534/
- The Unmistakables: https://www.theunmistakables.com/
- Asad Dhunna: https://www.linkedin.com/in/asaddhunna
- Benjamin Brooks-Dutton: https://www.linkedin.com/in/benbrooksdutton/
- Being Black in business in the midst of BLM (blog post from Simone Harvey): https://www.theunmistakables.com/blog/2020/6/23/being-black-in-business-in-the-midst-of-blm
- Sheldon Mills: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sheldon-mills-3664562/
- The Speakeasier with Sheldon Mills: Where are all the Black leaders? (podcast episode): https://www.theunmistakables.com/blog/2020/7/22/the-speakeasier-with-sheldon-mills-where-are-all-the-black-leaders
- Subscribe to the Speakeasier: https://open.spotify.com/show/6IRYkx2Eb7mj4d00AVtNQ1?si=FybW4egPSXGAHGQrn0OTvw
A huge thank you to everyone who was involved in our first season of Life in Digital.
If you want to keep up to date with the work that we're doing at Sphere Digital Recruitment, please follow us on Linkedin and Instagram